How to Prepare a Genuine Leather Chamois for Use?
- Here is an excellent article on Genuine chamois preparation:
What is Chamois?
- Chamois is leather that is extremely soft, flexible, and absorbent.
Why use Chamois Leather?
- Typically chamois leather is used to dry off surfaces after washing, due to the absorbency and softness of the leather.
- Grime particles get drawn away from the cleaning surface.
- The particles are held within the hollow fiber of the leather, eliminating abrasion.
Chamois is excellent for cleaning and protecting smartphone and computer displays.
- Use Chamois to clean and protect your iPhone.
- Use Chamois to clean and protect your Android.
- Use Chamois to clean and protect your Windows Phone.
- Use Chamois to clean and protect your Blackberry.
- Use Chamois to clean and protect your LCD or LED displays.
Online Payment methods.
- Bank deposits - only suitable for local New Zealand purchases.
- Credit Card via 2Checkout.com.
- PayPalTM - Depending on your chosen currency (USD for the most extensive options list), you may have the option to complete the online purchase routine using a debit or credit card or also PayPalTM account - Step 5, of the checkout procedure.
How do I clean and dry my car with a Chamois?
- First wash your car as recommended by the manufacturer. Then use a Chamois to dry your car.
- Rinse Chamois in water, wring out excess, repeat until water runs clean and clear.
- The chamois needs to be damp, but not wet to work.
- Remove the majority of water by sweeping the Chamois over the car, wring out excess water as you proceed.
- Buff any remaining damp areas until dry, again wringing as necessary.
- Clean and dry your Chamois.
How to care for my Chamois?
- Give it a good rinse in lukewarm water with a mild non-alkali soap, or mild detergent.
- Repeat rinse until water runs clear.
- Squeeze/wring Chamois to remove excess water.
- Gently stretch, and hang in an area protected from direct sunlight and intense heat.
- Take care not to dry your chamois too much.
Why is my Chamois stiff?
- Chamois leather gets stiff when it is too dry, and it will regain its softness with moisture or on wetting.
How does The Original Chamois Company make Chamois Leather?
- High-quality New Zealand sheep and lamb skin are used to make our Chamois leather.
- We split the hide into two pieces, the flesh and grain halves.
- The flesh side we further process for Chamois and the outer part for other leather types.
- The flesh side is Hot Drum Tanned in Genuine Cod Liver Oil and gives the skin the unique characteristics of Chamois Leather.
- Chamois leather is then dry-cleaned to remove excess oil.
- Final stages include buffing the leather with an abrasive wheel, removing any excess grain and fleshings.
Where can I find more information about Leather production processes?
How is Chamois Leather measured?
- The area in square feet.
- Chamois Leather is a natural product; sizes may vary slightly, depending on humidity and temperature.
- We do not typically cut the chamois in a "square" shaped unless requested.
- Please Note:
- A 4.0 sq.ft chamois; if cut square, would measure 2.0 ft x 2.0 ft.
What if my order does not arrive?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will resend any order that fails to be delivered, within a reasonable amount of time.
What grade of Chamois is available online?
- 100% Genuine cod liver oil-tanned chamois leather.
- Premium Grade:
- Finished both sides
- Absent of holes
- Medium-light thickness (1mm - 1.5mm)
- Consistent color
- No windows or thin patches
- No grain patches
What is the shipping and handling charge on international orders?
- Shipping is $4.00 NZD per piece up to 3 pieces; after that, it is 2 dollars per foot.
- Note: Only applies to orders via the online order form.
- Shipping for E-mail orders will be quoted, per order basis.
How long will it take to receive my order?
- Delivery is by New Zealand Par Avion International Airmail.
- Delivery time is between 4 - 10 days.
- Delivery Days exclude weekends and public holidays.
- Delivery time for central cities.
- Delivery to areas outside the main cities may take longer.
- Note: Some orders are sent under multiple covers, depending on size and quantity of the sale.
What is Shammy Leather?
- The correct spelling of Shammy Leather is Chamois Leather, which is a natural Cod-liver oil tanned Lamb and Sheepskin.
Is there any way to get my order quicker?
- Yes, we can send you a custom payment request including an express delivery charge.
- Express Air Mail can take up to 4 working days to arrive.
- Rates are calculated based on the weight of the order.
- A minimum shipping charge applies.
How safe is shopping online?
- The Original Chamois Company is a certified seller of 2CheckOut.com.
- Giving you the protection of the latest in browser security, a safe shopping guarantee, and personal privacy.
An error has occurred during checkout [ERROR CODE: PE101]?
- If you receive this message at the beginning of checkout, after selecting the "VIEWCART / CHECKOUT" menu item.
- "Please contact the seller and reference the error code below."
- "ERROR CODE: PE101"
- There is no need to panic; you have merely attempted to load a cart that contains no products.
- First please add at least one product to your cart using any of the BUY NOW BUTTONS on the Chamois Leather Products Page.
- You can increase the quantity of any product from within the checkout routine.