- How to Prepare a Genuine Leather Chamois for Use?
- Here is an excellent article on Genuine chamois preparation:
- Use chamois leather to dry off surfaces after washing;
- Our chamois leather has super absorbency - 500% by weight.
- The softness that only genuine chamois leather gives.
- With the ability to lift and hold grime particles within the hollow fiber of the leather, you can effectively eliminate abrasion and save you time.
- After washing your car as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Use a natural chamois leather cloth to dry your car.
- Before use rinse chamois cloth in clean water, and wring out.
- The chamois needs to be damp, yet not too wet for best results.
- Remove the majority of water from your car before you dry it by sweeping the chamois over the car, wring out excess water as you proceed.
- Chamois leather gets stiff when it is too dry; it will regain its softness with moisture or on wetting.
- Genuine natural chamois leather cloth makes an excellent window chamois with a soft lint free surface.
- When cleaning chamois leather rinse it in lukewarm water with a mild non-alkali soap or mild detergent.
- Squeeze or use chamois wringer to remove excess water.
- Gently stretch chamois flannel, and hang in an area protected from direct sunlight and intense heat.
- Take care not excessively over dry.
- Chamois is excellent for grooming your pets especially dogs and horses.